Saturday, August 29, 2009

Why I started this blog

I've always thought blogging was a form of self indulgence and a huge time waster, however, I've also noticed that it has fast become a powerful tool in this tech savvy society for meaningful dialogue.

Having been born with albinism, I felt that a lot of questions and misguided presumptions can be addressed through the eyes of this stranger in a strange land.

I'll try to dispel some of the stereotype and hope to put more of a positive spin on this unique genetic condition which 1 and 20,000 of you carry the gene for.

It's not just about me, well kind of - since it's my blog, but more about life framed through the window of albinism. I'll rant and rave about my own feelings and experiences related, and not so related, to the topic at hand.

Remember, we all have differences and uniqueness that may or may not be fully embraced by society as a whole, mine just happens to be more overt.

So indulge me if you will... feel free to comment on my posts and contribute to this productive dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment